You’d think that anyone who covers themselves in dodgy anaesthetic cream, wraps themselves in cling film and then boards a plane after their laser hair removal treatment might be asking for trouble. Or, at the very least, might not be the sharpest tool in the box. But no, as it happens the person who did this was multi-award winning, popular novelist Marian Keyes. Who then revealed her – to put it kindly – error of judgment at the Oxford Literary Festival.
As laser hair removal specialist Teresa Tarmey said: “What Marian Keyes did is completely toxic and dangerous.” That is, she could have died.
We’re very pleased that she didn’t. Of course, the annoying thing for us is that this kind of thing gives laser hair removal treatment a bad name. Which is totally unnecessary and totally unfair. It’s like setting fire to your hair, emerging with third degree burns and then claiming it was the fault of the hairdresser who didn’t get your style quite right the week before.
Thankfully, the Telegraph article in which the Keyes’ story appears goes at least some way to pointing out that if she’d done things properly, and if she’d been advised and treated by professionals, she wouldn’t have ended up in such a state. It’s as we always say: choose your treatment carefully and only ever go with fully qualified medical professionals. Like us.
It also pleases us that in the article they sing the praises of the Soprano ICE Laser which we use and which, as we say on our website, “is genuinely at the forefront of the industry. The most expensive and most effective in its class and unique in its extraordinary capacity to deliver highly effective treatments virtually painlessly.”
So we think it’s safe to say that had Marian Keyes had her treatment with us, she’d have had no need to behave so – to put it kindly – eccentrically.
Marian Keyes and How To Do Laser Hair Removal Safely (link http://www.telegraph.co.uk/beauty/people/how-to-do-laser-hair-removal-safely/)
Picture credit: The Guardian