❗Important Public Announcement From Save Face – Coronavirus & Cosmetic Procedures
All those providing cosmetic procedures will understand your concerns regarding treatments and some of you will have been most anxious to get your treatment done before this current crisis gets any worse. Responsible clinics began addressing safety concerns as soon as they became aware of the crisis emerging and following unequivocal instructions from the government on Monday, Save Face registrants have been instructed, if they had not already done so, to stop providing any face to face services.
It is with some alarm we note that some irresponsible and unethical practitioners are continuing to offer treatments, some doing so house to house. If you think this is a safe and acceptable service allowing you to continue to self-isolate, it is NOT. You are inviting someone into your home who has not been self-isolating and will have been exposing themselves and others to unacceptable risk. Someone who is ignoring government advice and putting their own income above critical social responsibility.
- The government advice is very clear and applies to you and to all aesthetic practitioners!
- Only go outside for food or health reasons, or work if you cannot work from home. From home does not mean from your home to others.
- Stay 2 meters away from other people. Treatments cannot be provided from this distance.
- Ordinary face masks do not serve to protect you or them from transmitting or catching the virus (not the protective wear worn by healthcare providers on the front line).
- You can spread the virus if you don’t have the symptoms. This applies to you and your family members, but also to them.
There are no infection control measures that are adequate in these circumstances, so do not be reassured by anything a practitioner says they might be doing, or not doing. Your safety and theirs cannot be assured. We have also been advised that patients are still seeking treatment providers, these are not essential procedures, they can be delayed. Please do not ask any provider to treat you. You must follow government advice to stay at home.
Please report anyone who is promoting or approached you offering this service to us, and we will report to the local authority.
Do feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding cosmetic procedures on:
0845 838 6976 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit http://www.gov.uk/coronavirus