The Laser Doctors Initial Consultation Form
Treatment Consent Form conditions
I confirm that I have received a full Consultation with regards to the proposed Laser Hair Reduction treatment and agree that it has been explained to me fully. I am aware of the possible side effects and will follow both the pre and post care instructions to minimize the risk of any adverse reaction.
I agree to advise The Doctors Laser Clinic of any changes in my personal medical circumstances before any subsequent treatment.
I understand that after treatment there may be some redness and folliculitis. In very rare cases swelling and blistering can occur. This can be a side effect of treatment and will usually settle within days. Instructions have been given regarding aftercare. I agree to follow these instructions and to inform the clinic of any condition that causes concern immediately.
I understand that I will require more than one treatment to achieve the desired results. This has been fully explained to me and I am aware the results of the treatment may vary.
I understand the need to advise the staff of any changes to medication or any sun exposure, sun bed use or tanning products used between treatments.
I have been advised to shave hair or use depilatory cream in the weeks between treatments. Waxing and plucking hairs will result in a substandard result.
I have been fully informed of the nature of the procedure, expected outcome and possible complications. I understand that there can be no guarantee or assurance as to the final result that may be obtained.
I am aware that my condition is primarily of cosmetic concern and that the decision to proceed is based solely on my express wish to do so.
I have been given the opportunity to ask questions and hereby certify that I have read and fully understand the contents of this consent form.
1. Let us know if you have been in bright sunlight 4 weeks before treatment to exposed areas.
2. You MUST avoid bleaching, plucking or waxing of hair for 6 weeks prior to treatment.
3. Do not use Depilatory creams 1 week prior to treatment.
4. If you have had a history of cold sores, zovirax may be used prior to treatment and continued for one week after.
5. If you have tanned in the 4 weeks before treatment we need to turn down the fluence to avoid hypopigmentation (white spots) otherwise this may not clear for 2-3 months or more. Also, the use of tanning cream MUST be discontinued two weeks before treatment. Fake tans are our number one problem!!
PLEASE SHAVE THE AREA THE DAY BEFORE OR ON THE MORNING OF YOUR TREATMENT
1. When treating the upper lip the vermillion border is protected with white eyeliner. Sometimes we use gauze to support the lip during treatment, allowing a surface to push against.
2. Skin colour can compete as a target for the 810nm wavelength with melanin in the hair. The cooling tip will be used with the laser to minimize skin damage.
3. Safety considerations are important during the laser procedure. Protective eyewear will be worn by the client and the operator during the procedure. On facial treatments keep your eyes closed throughout as an extra safety precaution.
1. Immediately afterwards there may be redness and swelling at the treatment area, this may feel like mild sunburn
2. The application of iced water during the first few hours after treatment will reduce any discomfort.
3. The application of aloe vera gel can continue at home
4. Makeup may be used immediately after the treatment unless there is blistering.
5. Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of hypopigmentation (white spots) or hyperpigmentation (darker spots). Use sunscreen SPF 30 or greater at all times throughout the course of treatment.
6. Avoid picking or scratching the treated skin. Do not use any other hair removal treatment methods (waxing, electrolysis or tweezing) that will disturb the hair follicle at the treatment area for 4-6 weeks after. Shaving or depilatories may be used.
7. Hair regrowth occurs at different rates on different areas of the body. New hair growth will not occur for AT LEAST three weeks after treatment.
8. Anywhere from 5-19 days after the treatment, shedding of the surface hair may occur. It initially appears as if it is still growing. This is NOT new hair growth. You can clean and remove the hair by washing or wiping the area with a wet cloth or Loofa sponge.
9. When the underarms are treated, use a powder, instead of deodorant, for 24 hours after the treatment to reduce skin irritation.
10. Avoid hot baths and heat treatments and treat the skin gently, as if you had sunburn, for the first 24 hours.
11. ANY QUESTIONS OR WORRIES YOU MAY HAVE PLEASE CALL THE CLINIC ON 01603 360 360 or email us